Finish

Finish

Men's Journal

Men's Journal

Men's Journal September 2010

Men's Journal September 2010

Dallas Morning News

Spokesman-Review


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

HOLD THE PHONES


LET US NOT FORGET THE “REAL” RULE #1

There IS another rule.
Since the inception of or website, I have received many calls from teams who have previously attempted to break our record and teams who have future plans for the 48 State Drive event. Among the topics they want to discuss are the Guinness rules. I think it is very important to make sure everyone understands that there is a 10th rule, or better stated, it’s actually THE REAL RULE NUMBER ONE. In the first paragraph of the “Visiting the 48 States” it states, and I quote, “Any vehicle in which a driver is reported for a traffic violation is disqualified.” Since we are posting the rules and since there is so much attention for this event and apparent interest in making the drive to set an “official” record, I would be remiss if I did not make this perfectly clear. One traffic violations and you are OUT! Let me also make this perfectly clear, and I speak from personal knowledge, they do check your record on submission of your documents. So, look out!
(I’m posting the list of rules as they were sent to me by Guinness in 1993.)


No comments:

Post a Comment