Finish

Finish

Men's Journal

Men's Journal

Men's Journal September 2010

Men's Journal September 2010

Dallas Morning News

Spokesman-Review


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

D-Day

Well today is the day.

I had a college coach at Kansas State that used to always say that being a little anxious before a game meant you were ready. That same coach used to say if you were nervous it meant you had not prepared yourself well enough to succeed. Definitely a little anxious, but not nervous. Almost two years of preparation tend to make for a good trip. Being the rookie on this ride I probably studied things a little harder than needed, but that is the way I roll.

I am getting on a flight to Spokane this morning to meet Jay and Ted, who arrived yesterday. I went to bed at 1 am and got up at 3 am to head to the airport. Being the father of two babies in less than two years (my hat's off to my wife who had them) has made my body adapt to little to no sleep, so I am primed. Plus being 29 doesn't help, (sorry Jay and Ted).

Ted and Jay have the vehicle (more to come later), and we will work on our supplies this morning and early afternoon. Our official start time is going to be 3 pm PACIFIC TIME. So that is 5 pm CENTRAL TIME for my mother in law. Just kidding Sherry. :)

That brings me to another great point you will probably be sick of hearing by the end of this trip. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, to my wonderful wife Shay, to Sherry my mother in law, and Ted's wife Beth for letting us go on this trip and for running the show while we are gone. We couldn't do this with out you. Also thank you to Jay and my staff at our office's for running the place while we are gone.

So here is the plan I will post at the entrance to every state as well as while we are in the state, however I will not name the state by name. Yes that's right! Our route as you will find out is a bit of a secret, so the states will be numbered. There will be cool statistics and such so be prepared.

Next post Spokane, WA.

2 comments:

  1. Ted, Jay & Andrew,

    I hope you guys have a great trip. It was great having you on the show for the start of your trip.

    Safe travels,

    Dean Travinski

    ReplyDelete